Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I have spent most of today doing NOTHING at work and thinking I didn't have a post on my blog. I'm not sure why I have been procrastinating but I hope it is not a sign of the year to come. I have read other blogs today and some were simple and others were profound. Still I couldn't write.



I think this is hard to write because 2008 was a year of contradictions. We had some of the lowest lows but also great times! I lost my mom in January and still feel like she gone on one of her long trips. I miss her daily! Then I had a great trip with the kids to Disney. Nothing like a little face-time with a big mouse and couple of 5 year olds to wash away some sorrow!

Then we decided to move...and the saga continues! I love my new house and neighborhood but we carried the burden (although self-imposed) of 2 mortgages. Finally relief when we got a renter for the old house!

The girls started kindergarten in the fall. How exciting...for them and me! I looked around their class and wondered if they would hold onto these friendships for 30 years like I have with my Epiphany group.

I also had the tragic loss of 2 good friends in a murder-suicide. That is when I said to God, "Enough already!" I miss you, Mike and Mary Jude.

There were still more challenges to endure before the year ended but I have a strong family and we can weather through. Thanks for all the prayers!

SO...onto a new year with a clean slate! I don't have any resolutions, just prayers for a year with less tragedy and more love. More time with family and friends and less conflict. In EMS we often go by the K.I.S.S. rule: keep it simple stupid! Maybe that's all I need.
WELCOME 2009!


1 comment:

  1. Jenny,

    I enjoyed reading your blogs. I enjoyed reading about your friends from Epiphany. Are you sure you are in the right profession...you seem to have quite a knack for writing. I truly don't know how you have time for ALL you do AND write a blog every day. I promise to come back and visit as often as I can! becky n.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think...