Friday, January 16, 2009

Oh, Hermie!

Apparently, everyone in blogland (except me) shops thrifty stores. I read posts about all these great bargains and creative masterpieces made for less than $2. So...I decide I need to give it a try. I went to the thrift store looking for white plates or platters for the kitchen re-do. BUT I also knew to keep my eyes and mind open to other things. Then I found this...



I think someone grabbed from Herman Munster's green hands! Isn't it pretty? Well, maybe pretty isn't the right word but I knew it needed to come home with me. I paid my $1.29 and took it home to show my first thrift store find to hubby. His response...nothing! Why didn't he see what I saw...potential!


It is basically pretty clean and the locks work. Just a little cleaning on the outside is all it needs.

The inside is spotless! Although, it did have that familiar smell of metal and peanut butter combined. Yum...peanut butter. The smell reminded me of my Dukes of Hazzard lunch box from grade school.


So now it needs a use. This is the obvious. The little man loves it and has already claimed it as his own. He grabbed it off the counter and didn't put is down.
Help me think outside of the box...funny! Leave me a comment and give the lunch box a different purpose.

Did I mention that the little man was Frankenstein for Halloween?


2 comments:

  1. I can't think of a better use myself! Those little trains look pretty special- they deserve a special container.

    Congrats on your first thrifty find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for joining my party. (sorry I didn't see you earlier!)

    GREAT deal on the lunchbox.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think...