Friday, January 23, 2009

Birthday Decor & A Tradition

I had originally planned to make a "Happy Birthday" banner out of scrapbook paper for the girls. But when I was stalking the PBK butterfly creation, I found this cute little banner.


I think it's nicer than I would have created! Fun colors and embroidery. Not the mention the time saved!


The crowns the girls made at school. The birthday celebration is very limited at their school and I think that stinks! No treats...nothing! I always looked forward to handing my treats out to my friends on my birthday. I remember feeling so special. What a bummer!


Large cake and cupcake candle from PartyLite. I even have the "birthday cake" scented votives...I just always for get to light them!



After the kids are in bed on the night of their birthday, I always sit down and write a letter to them. It usually talks about what they have accomplished this year, my hopes for the future and just gushing about how much I love them. I have all the letters saved in a box for them to open later...maybe their 18th birthday. That remains to be seen. I'm sure about the timing yet.
OH-the girls loved their butterflies!

5 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! I love that banner...My dear friend sales Party Lite, I bought the little, brown fall birds they had in this year's fall collection...I definitely am going to have to see if she knows how I can get my hands on that birthday collection-too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that banner but when you told me about the letters you have been writting...sniff sniff. You got me! I think that is the sweetest idea. I wish I could see their faces the day you read those sweet love letters to them. I wish I would have thought of that when mine were babies. Thanks for sharing this idea... I guess its never too late. My youngest is 8. Hope they have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that you write them a letter every year. Undoubtedly the 3 of you will appreciate it in the years to come.

    Sounds like all of you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet birthday decorations!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think...