Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Are All My Clocks Slow?


This post was suppose to be about how I am ALWAYS running late. I went around the house to take pictures of my clocks for the post and realized...I only have ugly digital clocks! How could that be? My children will never learn to tell time on a real clock!?

Two ugly digitals in the kitchen...



They even sit on top on each other! Double ugly!


WAIT! My watch isn't digital! I guess that doesn't really count. :(


How did this happen? Every room I see in a designer catalog has a clock! How did I miss this major flaw in my home??!!
Clocks are beautiful and I admire them all the time in the stores and catalogs. I guess I just don't buy them! Always waiting for a sale I suppose. I usually need to spend the $50+ on something more practical...like groceries or dance costumes!

I do own 2 beautiful clocks, an grandfather clock that was my mom's and a cuckoo clock I bought in Germany. The grandfather clock has not found a proper spot in the new house so it sits lonely in the basement. The cuckoo clock doesn't cuckoo at the right time. Maybe I should put it up anyway. I have a good spot for it!

This clock is from the Wisteria catalog and I H*E*A*R*T it! It is on sale and would great in my kitchen re-do...but I wait. For what? I'm not sure, maybe a bigger sale? Time keeps marching on.


This is the Prague Astronomical Clock in the Old Town Square. It is so beautiful beyond words and I have seen it in person. Crowds gather to see the Walk of the Apostles every hour. Truly a sight to see!
I don't need anything this fancy...just not digital!
OMG...I just realized my post is late. Maybe I should have stuck to the original subject! :)


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who runs late. We also have more digital clocks than the traditional clocks. I hope it's not something that will fade with time. (um, no pun intended

    That Prague Astronomical Clock is GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm always late... We do too! Im Meme from Screaming Meme! It is so nice to meet you! If you get a chance come over see my new idea...a blog we all share in! It's called Project:{Create A Home}...I think it may be a great place to come and learn new things! :) Meme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenny!

    Don't know if you've ever noticed the clock above our mantel, but it's got a pretty cool story behind it. Being the aviation-minded family we are, and having spent a little time on a small island across the pond, we found this clock to fit in quite well at Chez VZ. Check out the link for more info!
    http://home.earthlink.net/~modguide/opsroom.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think...