Monday, February 23, 2009

Start Your Spring Cleaning

My house was empty for 18 months before we moved in and I don't think the previous owners would win a housekeeper of the year award. It was a mess! The ceramic tile floors were by far the dirtiest and hardest to clean areas in the house. So bad in fact, that I thought the grout was beige until I saw the true color in the closet...cream grout! How terrible with 3 small kids! But...there is not one crack or chip in any of the floors so I will live with what I have.

Back to the cleaning. I have used every cleaning agent and hard bristle brush I could find to try to clean the floors. I have spent hours on my hands and knees scrubbing! Still, after living here for 9 months, I didn't think the floors were really clean. I even considered having a professional steam clean done to rid my floors of the grime.

Then, last week, I had the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser out the clean marks off the walls and white cabinets in the master bath. I started using it on the ceramic tile and viola...CLEAN! It was so easy...no scrubbing involved! I was on the phone with my freind, Jenni, when I made this great discovery...she thinks I'm crazy and I don't know if her ears will ever recover. Why didn't I think of this sooner?! I use my eraser on EVERYTHING! It's great on wall, cabinets, appliances and counters.
I don't have any "before" pictures because I didn't know that I was going to make a great discovery! Here is the bathroom floor...CLEAN! Can you tell I'm excited?


Doesn't it look great?


The next day I saw a commercial for Magic Erasers and the first image was a woman cleaning the floors with it! Maybe I should pay more attention to marketing and quit changing the channel anytime there is a commercial.
Now I have to restore the grout to it's orginal color...

2 comments:

  1. I love getting stuff really clean... not that it ever stays that way for long! ;) I got that chest at Tjmaxx... it's going to be a later post... you have great eyes ;) You must be using your assessing skills as a flight nurse ;) (I am a former paramedic.) :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I swear, I could have written this post! My whole house is either tile floors or wood floors. The tile grout is my arch enemy! I even bought one of those...basically an electric toothbrush for cleaning your house. Using lots of elbow grease, time, and that thing-a-magig and I still hate the grout. I also LOVE the magic erasure...I've never tried it on my grout. Why not? I don't know, but I will be trying it as soon as I'm done writing you! Thanks for the tip!
    Rebecca
    RootsAndWingsCo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think...