Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fully Exposed

All the fabulous furniture painters out there will probably think I'm crazy. I am paying {wince} to have my kitchen cabinets painted. It just seemed like too big of a project for my FIRST furniture painting. I know...what a wimp!

On Valentine's Day, Hubby and his friend installed crown molding, trim and bead board to the cabinets. Last week, Melissa at The Inspired Room talked about architectural details. She did an awesome kitchen renovation! If you own a cookie cutter house that lacks personality, you really can set your home apart with a little bit of trim and decorative moldings. It truly is a great way to add pizazz on a budget. All the wood we bought was less than $150 and it makes a big statement.


Look at those ugly knobs! Susie Harris wrote a great post about knobs last week...I feel inspired! Who knew there was so much to do with knobs. I'm going knob shopping soon!


The hubby even cleans up after himself. I HEART him!

Then the great cabinet painter came and took away my doors and drawer fronts. It looks so naked!


You have to love the handy masking tape drawer pulls! So functional! Thanks to my mother-in-law for straightening up my tupperware drawer...it makes this exposure a little less embarrassing!

Did I mention I have playgroup today? Oh well! They are all mommies that understand messes!

3 comments:

  1. What a great project! I think you are going to be shocked at how much better your kitchen looks with a new cabinet color! Can't wait to see it!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to see the finish project!!! I saw some rooster stuff at the Homegoods store..dont know if you shop there but its pretty resonable.
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I love painted cabinet, You will be so impressed with the outcome! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think...