Monday, March 23, 2009

Hitting the Road!

This weekend was a road trip for the whole family. We went to Chicago for the hubby's nephew, Josh's, graduation from Naval boot camp. The kids had never been to Chicago and the hubby and I had not been since college...a long time!


The kids have rarely taken a road trip more than an hour, so the 6 hours was truly an eye-opening experience for them. I should have counted how many "are we there yet" I heard. We measure the time by episodes of Hannah Montana...30 minutes each. 12 Hannah Montanas is a LONG trip! The kids got a little crazy!


We had a great time after we arrived. It was so nice to see Josh. He looked so handsome and grown up in his uniform. I remember when he was born. I had just started dating his uncle, I was a junior in high school. I'm getting old! Wish him well, he is off to Navy seal training soon.



We spent time Saturday morning with an old college friend and her family that now live in the Chicago area. So glad to see you, Stacie! I never realize how much I missed her! (Silly me forgot to take a picture. I was distracted by the 6 kids running around on Michigan Ave.)

Then a day at Navy Pier. The kids were real troopers! We walked a lot and no one complained!


Sunday was brunch at the American Girl Doll Store! We had an awesome time eating, shopping and getting the dolls' hair done.


Here's a view of the cafe. L wants a light like this in her room and O wants it with yellow flowers. The decor was right up L's alley. She loves all things pink and flowery! I think she wanted to move in!


The little wild man had enough! He may have even yelled, "No more shopping!"

Excuse if I have rambled through this post...I have the flu and feel a little goofy!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering how your trip was....sorry to hear you are sick now. Fill me in on the American Girl stuff when I see you at work!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome trip! Hope you are feeling better soon!
    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think...