Monday, March 2, 2009

A Fresh Coat

***UPDATE***
Lifeingrace is having a "Painted Wood is Pretty" party where she featured her B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. painted kitchen cabinets. So here is a post a used for a linky party last month. I too had my cabinets repainted, counter tops come this week and back splash after that. The kitchen is basically as it was last month...waiting to be finished!



Melissa at The Inspired Room is hosting a "Spring" Linky Party. Well, it's 21 degrees here today so I don't see any signs of spring yet. There are no birds chirping in the trees or windows open, no green grass or signs that my bulbs will appear with beautiful flowers. I sent the kids to school today in heavy coats, hats and gloves...AGAIN! I'm over it!

Easter decorations are always a clear sign that spring is on the way. I haven't started decorating for Easter yet because we have to have St. Patrick's Day first. DUH! After all, it is a MAJOR holiday in this crazy town...even for the not-so Irish!

This is what makes me feel like spring is coming...the smell of drying paint. Lots of folks wait until spring to start "major" projects at home. Well my major project has been going for a few months!

Here is a picture of the kitchen before...

I know you are all drooling over the cabinets with the strange blue-gray hue it gets in certain lights. Or maybe you want the wallpaper...you can have it! It looks very dark and depressing in the picture.

Here is the after....

Crisp white cabinets with new crown molding, base trim and bead board against my butter walls. There are sample for bamboo blinds on the counter. Counter? Yes, that will come later. Did you really think I'd leave those?

New handles...that don't match?! I love it!



Did I mention the blue island?

Now, on to planning the window treatments, counters, sink and back splash!
Yeah SPRING!

16 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with the kitchen-it looks great! btw, the fabric is by waverly (it's called essence)-I just found 2 yards on ebay for 9.99. It comes in every color! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that blue island is downright fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blue island. I am thinking that is the new thing - make the island a diff color than the rest of the cabinets. I found yout site through Laylas by the way. Hope it warms up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I want to see it in person when its all done!! BTW do you have your moms recipe for a breakfast casserole she would make? if so could you share with me? I havent had it since Nov 1,1994-- i only remember that b/c it was a halloween party lol. anyways, it was soooooo good.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to see what you did with your kitchen! The blue island is fantastic!! Have fun putting on the finishing touches.

    Stop by for a chat--I love company!

    Best,
    Debbykay

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! really fresh and clean! Love it! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful spring makeover on your kitchen! What a transformation, you must LOVE it now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH my gosh! I love this transformation! White cabinets with yellow walls is SO cheery! And the blue island is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything LOOKS AWESOME!!! I love, love, love the blue island and it looks like you did a great job finishing it! I'd love to hear the story of how it went for you. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kitchen looks great.

    Have a happy day

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks great! Can't wait to see it all finished. Love the blue island!

    The Texas Woman

    ReplyDelete
  12. That island makes me weak in the knees!!! Love what you've done and I am so thankful for the link and the brand new blog friend.

    Blessings galore!
    Miss Edie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The kitchen looks fab! I am wanting to repaint ours and showed yours off to my hubby. We're planning the same wall color, and I'm begging him to paint the cabinets white... he's a little nervous about it... but I'm hoping your photos persuade him!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I LOVE what you've done with your kitchen! How did you remove the wallpaper?

    Thanks!
    ~Lis
    lizbit_@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I think your kitchen is almost my kitchen. I have almost the same counters, floor, and wall color. I just need to get painting on those cabinets.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think...