Sunday, August 2, 2009

WARNING!


Just a little warning that things will be different this week. My baby sister, Melanie, is competing in the MR340 river race. It is the longest non-stop river race in the WORLD! I am her official road crew...meaning I keep her well supplied in food, water and moral support. The race is from Kansas City, MO to St. Charles, MO on the Missouri River. ALL 340 miles of it! There is an 88 hour time limit. Yep...88 hours of river fun! The race begins Tuesday at 8AM and Mel hopes to be done on Thursday afternoon. Somewhere in the mid-60 hour mark. If you want to read more about it, visit http://www.rivermiles.com/. You can track her progress under the "forum" tab. Then go to "board topics" to find the leaders...Melanie Hof will be listed there!

This is a true test of physical and mental strength. That is A LOT of time of the river alone to be filled with self-doubt! So I ask you all to remember Mel in your prayers over the next few days and come back here to visit ofternand see how she is doing! Did I mention she has only owned a kayak for about 6 weeks?! She really might be a little crazy!

So the next few days, I will be basically using my blog as a journal for the adventure we are on. No decorating, no projects, no gushing about my kids...just me rambling on about the race. There may be LOTS of rambling because I will have LOTS of time by myself. I apologize in advance. I will do my best to chronicle the race for Mel and I, including photos. We will see how that goes out there in the middle of no where! Please computer, don't fail me now!
See you on the river!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I'm looking forward to reading the adventures.

    I have found the more challenging the undertaking, the more amazing experiences you have during and after your event.

    You both will be in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think...