Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Girl's Gotta Dream

So yesterday I wrote about how cheap I have become...well, a girl's still gotta dream. AND shoes are what I dream about! Not just any shoes...Manolos! AHHHH! It all started with Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and the City. I adore that character and her shoe collection! I think part of the reasons I am obsesses with shoes is...nurses wear ugly shoes. Flight nurses wear ugly boots! Ugly steel toed boots!

Before the wild man was born, I wore heels almost everyday. Since then, I have reverted back to the "mommy uniform" of sweats and tennis shoes...how sad! I actually have a descent shoe collection of my own...30+ pairs. It use to be much larger but I gave a bunch away before we moved. My favorite shoes that I own are red patent leather peep toes with navy blue ribbons. They are also the most I have ever spent on shoes...$100. (Not exactly true...I spent $200 on my work boots) They are well worth it and so pretty! A good pair of shoes feels different on your feet. You can only understand it by trying it for yourself. And the great thing about shoes...they still fit when you have on your "winter weight" as I do now!

These are my 2 favorite pairs of Manolo Blahniks that I will never own...



Carrie's wedding shoes from the movie. These beauties retailed for $945. Ouch! That's a lot of coupons to clip!


Carrie's "lost"shoes from a baby shower! Currently listed for $999 on ebay.
A girl's gotta dream. {Sigh}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think...